Friday, January 19, 2007

Does Donald Rumsfeld say 'cute' to you?

When the kids came along, my mother-in-law was forever reassuring me that all babies were cute, this to counter-balance the look of horror on my own mother’s face on being presented with her first grand-children. I love my Memeshame, don’t get me wrong, but for both the kids to end up his spitting image is a somewhat cruel twist of genetic fate, particularly for poor little Bindi. I don’t know what it is but I swear even our adoptee Fuzzy is starting to resemble Shame (Run, boy! Run for your life!).
Anyway, last week’s Moody Monday was of great comfort to me; ‘cuteness is in the eye of the beholder’ indeed. Witness the following:

Monkeygirl (This appeared to me in a nightmare once )
Erik (a very appealing dead wasp)
Journal Extime (This is a cat...with it's mouth open. Non-cute in so many ways)
Lomat (Before ending up with Memeshame that drunken night many years ago, I dated a guy who was indeed as cute as this microphone)
Fotogeneric (Now if only Bindi and Bobcat looked like THIS)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My New York appears to link to a snail...

6:43 AM  
Blogger torekimi said...

Thank you, Anonymous, for pointing that out. Not being able to tell one animal for another has been a growing problem in the Meme household ever since Shame cancelled National Geographic in favour of BabesNite24/7. The link has been fixed.

9:31 AM  
Blogger kmm said...

I'm not defending any of these photos (well Mandy is not there) but sometimes I have seen guys that are so ugly they are almost CUTE Cheers Kerrin

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home