Monday, December 03, 2007

Mr John Marquess of Mr John Marquess's Photoblog.

Many photomemes, like PhotoFriday, are horse races. One of those perennial horses is John Marquess. We'd go on and on about who he is but that's what the bloody interview is for, you daft gits!

Who are you and why are you doing this to us?

I am John Marquess. I am originally from Belfast but moved to Brisbane, Australia in February 2007. I got into photography in December 2005 when I first bought a Canon EOS 350D. I dropped out of a computer course in 2001 and took with me some web design skills. After I took a few photos that people liked I got into blogging and set up photoblog.

Do you know Kerrin?

Nope. Did a google search and found http://www.kerrin.com/ at the top of the list. I don't know him either.

What are you wearing?

Shorts, thongs and an Adidas tee shirt. It is the middle of summer down here after all.

Where else can we see your photos? Do you have any side projects?

Apart from the only one that I ever gave away that hangs on my dad's wall in Ireland you can see my barbed wire photo on the cover of a Book. http://www.wordybug.com/Juby I sold the copyright for A$750. No other side projects as yet but I am considering setting up a staff for Christmas at the local service station

What other hobbies do you enjoy or enjoy inflicting upon others?

I enjoy inflicting death and cooking upon fish. I love fishing but don't get the chance to go out much

What equipment do or have you used? Are there any manufacturers you'd like to praise or bad mouth here?

Canon EOS 350D, 100mm macro 28-135mm USM and the standard issue 18-55mm. I like canon but have not had much of an opportunity to use anything else beyond an automated passport photo booth.

What is a favorite toy you had as a child? (we aren't interested current toys)

A scalextric 400 racing car set. I wish I still had it. I broke it when I gave up on the cars and sent metal ball bearing on the track at full throttle. I nearly burnt the house down.

What is the best photo that you missed?

On my way to Oz I stopped in Singapore. A new restaurant was being opened. The theme was very pretty Asian girls in pink and black french maid outfits. They were being filmed for a promotional TV piece the evening that I passed. The lighting was excellent for the TV camera and they were frolicking wildly. I was gutted. recently I also missed an opportunity when about 200 kids on trick bikes cycled past me on the footpath. Again, gutted. Never go anywhere without a camera.

Tell us your worst habit.

Talking to myself. I have got tho the stage where I do not even realise it.

Have you ever done anything heroic? (i.e. solved crimes, saved someone from a burning building or untied them from railroad tracks, fought injustice, donated organs) If not, why not? If so, please include press clippings.)

I once heroically accepted a donated kidney and had it transplanted into me - does that could. It was quite sore. I also ring and warn the occupant whenever I burn down buildings. I am a good sort.

If you weren't doing what you do now, what else WOULD you be doing? Photographer doesn't count.

I would like to be a professional fishing guide.

Do you wear glasses? If so, describe them, if not, why not? Don't you like glasses?

I am short sighted. My glasses have a nasty yellow colouration in the left eye lens that annoys me. I am too cheap to buy new ones so I wear contact lenses.

What did you have for breakfast?

2 caramel tim-tams and a cup of tea.

Anything Else?

Keep on shaming - They deserve it.

Now FLY, OUR LITTLE RIVER PIXIES OF Photo Meme Hall of Shamedom, and go see his Photoblog but remember to wear your Photo Meme Hall of Shame Cloaking Device and Voice Changer so that when he sees no traffic coming from the Photo Meme Hall of Shame - He'll know it's YOU!

4 Comments:

Blogger laanba said...

Thanks for this interview. How could I have missed knowing such an interesting person. I clearly don't spend enough time around the memes.

4:24 AM  
Blogger jkirlin said...

How can anyone not know Kerrin?

It's nice to see some newer photographers being interviewed also.

With a little bit of practice and time, this kid may be ok.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially since we are neighbours, but you get that in a big city like Brisbane. Cheers Kerrin

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home